In the Article by Anna she starts by defining doodling.
Doodling: the spontaneous act of drawing, typically in the margins of whatever one is really supposed to be working on — is more than a humble distraction. While doodling gets a bad rap, it’s actually associated with better learning, creativity and performance.
She then explains there are 5 benefits from doodling.
1. Doodling Helps You Concentrate
2. Doodling Makes You A More Productive Employee
3. Doodling Can Also Keep You In The Present Moment
4. Doodling Is An Outlet For Every Day Creativity
5. Doodling Helps You Generate Ideas
What I loved about this article was that it was simple and to the point and reinforced everything I have been trying to tell clients for years. I am so glad to the doodle, coloring book and graphic recorder movement. The world needs more people who understand Doodling is Thinking!
The Doodle Institute is committing to building Courses, Community and Careers for people like YOU!