Everyone has a visual pattern language of how they tell a story. In this course, you will dive into lessons on the history, practice and theory of visual learning. We will explore the many ways that stories have been captured over the centuries and look at how story impacted your own life and childhood. Then we will break down the mechanics of doodling and drawing to understand the different ways you can doodle for various audiences. The course will include assignments to enhance your ability to draw on just about anything and we will discuss all the types of tools you can use to build your own unique toolkit of markers, pens, pastels and paper.
- Learn the history of doodling and sharing stories.
- Understand the magic and power of the way you doodle.
- Play with some creative ways you can layout a page.
- Build your own visual vocabulary.
- Discover all the tools available to you for doodling.