This course is designed for those students who desire more support launching in launching and building their career as a Graphic Recording Expert. Students who are ready to attract clients but are not sure where to start. They have questions about explaining their role as a Graphic Recorder, selling their new skill, writing a contract or knowing how to build their portfolio to attract the right kind of work. They also want to be a part of community where there can practice their Graphic Recording skills and receive feedback.
By the end of this course you will:
• Understand the Role of a Graphic Recorder
• Discover Your Visual Learning Strengths
• Practice with Graphic Recording Challenges
• Receive Feedback to Strengthen Your Skills
• Learn Simple Strategies to Sell Your Services
• Develop a Graphic Recorder Portfolio of Work
Module 01: THE GRAPHIC RECORDER MINDSET
- Welcome Message
- Access to the Private Community
- What is Graphic Recording?
- The Graphic Recorders Mindset
- 5 Keys to Successful Graphic Recorders
Module 02: YOUR ROLE IN THE NEW WORLD
- The Power of Visual Learning
- Why Graphic Recording is Growing Industry?
- Where are you right now?
- Where do you want to be?
- Who is your industry?
Module 03: A LOOK INSIDE
- Everything Speaks
- How do you learn?
- How do you listen?
- Who is Your Target Audience?
Module 04: FROM CONTACT TO CONTRACT
- Establish Your Business
- Make a Connection
- Write the Contract
- Your First Gig
Module 05: BUILDING YOUR PORTFOLIO
- Prep for our Practice Groups
- What is an art Critique?
- Why you need a portfolio?
- Take Your Time
- Trust the Season
Module 06: EIGHT GROUP PRACTICE WORKSHOPS
Workshop One: Let’s Practice - TEDTalk
Workshop Two: Setting the Space – Welcome Board
Workshop Three: Attracting Clients - Infographics
Workshop Four: Building Trust – Flip Chart Magic
Workshop Five: Impacting Client Culture - Visual Vocabulary
Workshop Six: Create a Vision Board
Workshop Seven: Your Business Plan
Workshop Eight: Create an Infographic
Workshop Nine: Build Your Portfolio
First & Third Thursday of the Month @12:00 PM (Central Time)
First & Third Thursday of the Month @ 8:00 PM (Central Time)